Thursday, April 17, 2008

INTERVIEW WITH DADA




How do you feel losing your place in the ODI's ?

It was a nightmare, really. Losing the one-day place was shattering. You will not believe it but I knew it was coming because I was not judged on cricketing merit. It was terrible.
I felt very bad, very hurt. You obviously feel bad when you lose your place. It was devastating, but a lesson too. Cricket is a great learning experience.

How's it to be without playing cricket ?

Life is not just cricket. The time spent at home was quality time and mattered more than anything else. For almost 12 years, I have been hopping from one country to another, one city to another, catching flights, living out of suitcases.
It made me a better person in many ways. I could handle pressure better, judge success and failure in the right perspective. My perspective towards life changed. I would say that it was the most important phase of my career and helped me get my confidence back.

Is Fitness the reason for your ommision from ODI Team ?

Fitness? What is fitness? If I was not fit, I would not have survived this long. I have worked hard and survived by scoring runs and taking wickets. I did it the hard way, and with support from my fans.


Your Experience as stint of Indian skipper and losing that position ?

It was a huge honour to lead India but when I lost my captaincy, it also gave me a lot of time to work on my game. I just did not give up. I set myself a time period. I had achieved almost everything in cricket — played Tests, one-dayers, captained, and done well in World Cup. I had to come back, and I knew I could. I just gave it everything that I had.

2 comments:

Ramki's Blog said...

u asked me to give link back but u have not reciprocated

paydayloans said...

Every now and then many of us know what it means to have a sudden need for cash. Things were lined up in such a way that an unexpected bill came all of a sudden, or there was an emergency of some kind that demanded you to have cash on the spot. With a same day loan, you can have access to the money you need within 24 hours, and sometimes in much less time than that. Here is how you can get the funds you need in a short time.