Sunday, June 13, 2010

AMBI?? OR ENVIRONMENT CONSCIOUS??

" Why do you throw it like that?" I asked. " Common do not banal like ambi?" said my friend. Thanks to the hit tamil

movie, persons who think to do good are branded as " socially conscious ambi". Travelling by suburban train as a daily

commuter, via SINGARA(beautiful) Chennai, I see nothing beautiful in it.The whole stretch is made available for dumping waste,

except for a few areas. Even the fashionable, educated, modern throw the used plastic incongruously. Yet in this total

waste, I was in for a surprise. When I was on my way to Madurai in Vaigai express, while our own people where

throwing waste through windows,I saw this European lady who just put it in a separate bag. She hopped out at a

station and dumped it in the trashbin. We speak about our rich cultural heritage but it is not enough to live in our

past glory.

Change can be brought in, but from within inside every person.Education is the best way to do it. A chapter on

"Environment conscience" in junior school will do lots of damage control in coming years.With international meets on

global warming, pollution, degrading water resources, an environment conscious "ambi" in each citizen is need of the

hour.

No comments: