Tuesday, May 13, 2008

VIJAY MALLYA UNHAPPY WITH DRAVID AND CHARU SHARMA



Royal Challengers team owner Vijay Mallya revealing that he was at loggerheads with captain Rahul Dravid and the outfit’s sacked CEO Charu Sharma over players’ selection for the Indian Premier League.Mallya made it clear that he was not happy with the squad, currently languishing at the bottom of the IPL points table, which has been ridiculed as a Test team in Twenty20 jersey.
“I had my own list (of players) but the fact is Rahul Dravid and Charu Sharma had their own list and at the end of the day, I decided to take the back seat,” Mallya told a news channel. “I was very tempted to bid for players whom I wanted but they held me back. Obviously things have turned out differently” he said.He also said Sharma backed Dravid to the hilt and even in the second auction, where the captain was not present, the former CEO discouraged Mallya to buy players of his choice.
“I want from Rahul Dravid to do the best for the team and to produce some good results for us because I don’t think Rahul Dravid enjoys being at the bottom of the league tables, and certainly I don’t.” Mallya added.

No comments: